Sunday, November 1, 2009

Devote Ourselves to God Part 2: Priority Time


Last week I talked to you about the most important part of Devoting yourself to God, prayer. This week I want us to look at something just as important, priority time. Priority time is also known by more common terms, such as devotional time, personal time, private time, or our daily time with God. I call it daily time because it is not just another part of your schedule, it is the most important part of your day. Prayer is also part of that priority time with God. Once we have established our prayer line with God, it is natural then for us to establish the rest of the priority time in several different ways. The best time for this is in the morning, but that is not always available. For me, I start my day with a short devotional from Your Best Life Begins Each Morning with a morning prayer. When I get back from work, church, or when I am finishing my morning routine, I then spend my time reading the Bible, or engaging in a personal Bible study I am currently working on.

Your assignment this week:


1. Find one thing that you can do to enhance your priority time

2. Talk about it in the classroom (if people will volunteer the information)


I look forward to hearing your reports on last week's prayer discussion. Remember, if you have any announcements, let me know before Sunday because of our limited time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Columbus, Georgia, United States