Sunday, November 15, 2009

Devote Ourselves to God Part 4: Prepare


The first goal of the Sunday School D.R.I.V.E., Devote Ourselves to God is wrapping up this week with an obvious, but critically important objective: preparing ourselves in service. This is obvious because the one thing anybody who serves God has a responsibility to be prepared to do whatever they have been called to do. We all know that we need to prepare, but do we fully prepare ourselves for God's service. When I was teaching a children's Sunday School class, I wanted to make sure that I was prepared to do all the things that I envisioned doing with that class. To achieve this goal, I had to plan what I was going to do a month in advance so that I would spend the week getting all my resources together. I had to set up my classroom, other classrooms, and show up early on Sunday to get ready for everything I needed to do. As the Sunday School Director, I need to be at church 30 minutes before the Sunday School Leadership Meeting to prepare for the meeting. Even if we do not have a meeting, I still need to show up 30 minutes before the teachers to make sure everything is in place for them. I also have to prepare reports of all our Sunday School activities and plans for our monthly Church Council Meetings. With this new vision for the Sunday School in place, I need to constantly be planning and putting into place these new plans. I tell you what I do so you can see that there is much preparation required if you want to do a job well, and we need to give God our best effort in the jobs he has given us to do.
Your assignment this week:

Find one thing you can do that will make you better prepared in the job God has given you.

I presented the Sunday School mission to the church Wednesday night at the monthly business meeting, and was overjoyed that the church approved the mission unanimously. Now that everyone knows and accepts the plan, we can begin the work that it will take to make this goal possible. The first changes will begin with the start of the winter quarter on December 6.
We now have the Ministry Leader for the Sunday School. Jerry Zayas as Chairman of the Deacons has accepted the position since the Deacons are focused already on ministering to the members. This now fills all of the major TEAMS positions.

Teacher Leader - Mike Knowles
Evangelism Coordinatior - Janet Zayas
Adminastrative Leader - Troy Bartlett
Ministry Leader - Jerry Zayas
Service Coordindator - Melinda Knowles

There will be no Sunday School Leadership Meeting next Sunday November 29. We will meet again on December 6 to dicuss the next goal of the Sunday School D.R.I.V.E.
November 29 will also be the first day of Literatue Week. Literature for the new Sunday School Quarter will be distributed as well as the quarterly update list for literature changes for the next quarter.
I look forward to our meeting Sunday and the Thanksgiving Fellowship after Sunday Services.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Columbus, Georgia, United States